Woodlife People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sauteed Nettles with Green Garlic & Olive Oil

Go down

Sauteed Nettles with Green Garlic & Olive Oil Empty Sauteed Nettles with Green Garlic & Olive Oil

Post by ThreeperMan Sun 12 Jul 2009, 15:26

Sauteed Nettles with Green Garlic & Olive Oil

Created by: Armando "Tiny" Maes of Rose Pistola

serves 6

1 ¼ # Nettles, Cleaned

3T Green Garlic (Chopped)

1/2 cup Olive Oil

Salt & Pepper (To Taste)

First preheat a large sauté pan on medium high heat, (one large enough to accommodate the nettles, you can even use a large pot as well). Second pour ¼ cup of the olive oil into the preheated pan. Then put all of the green garlic into the pan sauté briefly for about 30 seconds, just enough time for the green garlic to release its essential oils, being sure not to brown or burn the green garlic. Place the nettles into the pan and give it a good stir, let sit for just a second and then continue the stirring process. Once the nettles are completely wilted place them on a plate, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and place a couple of lemon wedges for garnish.

Note: The nettles do not have the water content like spinach or other similar greens. So it might help to put a couple Tablespoons of water into the pan after the nettles have started cooking, just to hurry the cooking process. Myself I do not put the water, because I like the texture of the nettles when you sauté them. It is like little crispy nettle leaves and it also brings about a certain nuttiness.
ThreeperMan
ThreeperMan
Admin

Back to top Go down