Woodlife People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAMPING WITH A SCREENED GAZEBO

Go down

CAMPING WITH A SCREENED GAZEBO Empty CAMPING WITH A SCREENED GAZEBO

Post by ThreeperMan Mon 15 Mar 2010, 15:53

CAMPING WITH A SCREENED GAZEBO

By Glenn H. Kipps

Most people think that the list of essential camping equipment consists of [tag-tec]tents[/tag-tec], sleeping bags, a good camping stove, coolers, pots and pans, eating utensils, food, toiletries and other personal hygeine items. This is true. These thing are all you need to have a great camping experience. However, one thing that is often overlooked is a [tag-ice]screened gazebo[/tag-ice]. A screened gazebo is a great addition to the joy of camping. If you build it around your picnic table, it provides a flying insect-free environment for cooking and eating (provided you keep the entrance closed). You can also do things, such as play cards or other games in a flying insect-free environment. There are also other advantages to camping with a screened gazebo. There are several different types of screened shelters. In this article, I will explain what they are and how they add benefit to your camping experience.

The first one is your basic canopy. It is basically a frame with a shelter on top. This deserves little mention for the purposes of this article. A tarp tied to four trees can do the same thing. If tied right, the tarp is more sturdy than the canopy for obvious reasons. Now, you can get screened canopies. Even though these are not as sturdy as a fully screened gazebo, they are the least expensive, very light-weight and extremely easy to set up.

There are also your basic screenhouses. The frames are similar to those for the canopies. However, they are designed with screened walls with zippered entrances, which makes them a little stronger than canopies. In addition, they provide protection for your food from flying insects and other debris carried by the wind.

Then, you have the hexagon gazebo. The hexagon gazebo is even more sturdy than the screenhouse. It’s frame consists of a spoked hub pole system creating 6 sides. This is actually my choice. I do not want something that is going to fall every time a stiff wind comes around.

Now, I will go into the ways a screened gazebo can make your camping trip that much more enjoyable. As mentioned earlier, it provides you with a relatively bug free environment for eating and cooking. In the evening, decorate your gazebo with soft, colorful lights for lighting. This provides a nice atmosphere for playing cards and other games. If you do not want to use your gazebo as an activity area, it is perfect for storing your food, coolers and any other camping equipment you are not currently using. This will help your campsite look neat and clean. Remember, this is your home for a duration of time. How you keep your campsite is a reflection of you. If you are going to use it for this purpose, you should set up your screened gazebo as far away from your tent as the campsite area will allow. This way, if a wild animal ransacks it, they will not spill over into your tent. This brings me to another point. Never eat in your tent. Of course, you are almost always going to have to deal with the occasional downpour. The mist from the rain inside the screened gazebo feels extremely good after a hot summer day. In addition to adding to your camping experience, a screened gazebo is also great for backyard parties.

Now that you see what a great addition a screened gazebo could be, you should consider adding one to your camping gear. They are very inexpensive and easy to put up. As you all know, I am partial to Coleman. Coleman has a variety of screened gazebos and other types of screened shelters. I hope this information has shown you how enjoyable and practical camping with a screened gazebo can be.

http://www.validtravel.com/blog/camping/camping-with-a-screened-gazebo
ThreeperMan
ThreeperMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum